2017, a new year, new beginnings. 

At the start of any new year you contemplate the past and dream of the future, wondering where you will be and what you will have achieved within the next 12 months. It is easy to assume that treating a new year as a 'new beginning' is nonsense as if you truly want a 'new beginning' you will pursue it when you are most passionate, yet I like to look on the bright side. 

Ahead of me is another year, this blank slate that I have the opportunity to fill with such wondrous, beautiful moments. It's exciting don't you think? We begin knowing we're going to form some kind of a personal journey throughout the next 12 months but we have absolutely no idea how! I walk into a new year with a sense of freedom, my ambition sky high with buckets of determination to get where I want to be.
  There is no time like the now which is a concept I struggle with sometimes due to my natural talent at procrastination. A new year sets in stone that the 'now' is important, repeatedly told to set 'resolutions' or 'goals' we are striving to achieve something. 
This year I want to live in the now and express the exciting essence of the present.
Every moment should be loved and I want 2017 to express that.

On a personal note, I am filled with excitement for this year. It is the year I turn 18, go to University and begin a life studying and working towards my dreams...
Being in the fashion industry. 

I will state this now and not look back:
My new beginning in 2017 means I am going to achieve to my highest abilities, live to my fullest ambition and have the most beautiful, exciting, adventurous, hysterical, glittery and loving year of my life!
I want this year to be recognised as special, I want big things to happen for little Lucy Jane!

So raise your glass of whatever beverage tickles your fancy, and have a cheers to new beginnings!

Lucy Jane