Think of all the breath-taking moments you've had and roll them into one, mixing together all that wonder and awe into a split second. You are truly amazed.
This is what Times Square (and pretty much the whole of NYC) did to me. 

'Been dreaming of those bright lights, in the city...' a lyric sang by my favourite band that could never have felt more fitting than in that moment. We wandered down 48th street till we saw the neon signs growing brighter and bigger and eventually, hit Times Square! My first thoughts were 'woah', everything was so big, bold and busy. So many people rushing down the street; made up half of excitable tourists and the other half of New Yorkers, uninterested by their daily commute. It seemed so surreal to be in Times Square, the place I'd seen countless times on TV and I was actually there!
Surprisingly, I did anticipate more lights then there was but may be that's because my first experience was in day light, it comes alive at night...

Stepping out after eating at around 9:00pm, me, my mum and my dad were all amazed at the difference. Suddenly it felt like this was a city that didn't sleep, it didn't even feel dark the lights were so bright! It was hard to fathom it all as there was so much to see. We casually wandered round as we passed a man dressed as a Marijuana leaf, countless broadway shows and so many independent artists trying to sell us their music. 
There was such a buzz that is hard to explain, everyone was there but nobody really cared what anyone was doing. 
It wasn't an ignorance, people were just too cool to care!

So my second night in New York left me wanting to see more, so far I'd fallen in love with absolutely everything and knew I never wanted to leave.

Lucy Jane